• Mix with sugar for spice toast or streusel topping.
• Use in bread, cookies, sweet potatoes and acorn squash.
Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples
Serves: Makes 15 (2/3-cup) servings.
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 2 apples, such as Braeburn or Gala, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 4 cups)
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon salt