The most popular and versatile herb, parsley originated in the eastern Mediterranean but is now grown in England, the U.S., Australia and New Zealand. Of the many varieties grown, the curly leafed type is most popular in North American. Parsley has an agreeable taste and a pleasant mild odor. It blends well with all other herbs. It is used for both eye and taste appeal in many foods. McCormick retains parsley's characteristic flavor and green color by a quick drying process.
1 teaspoon dried Parsley Flakes = 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• Use as a garnish as well as for flavor.
• Mix 3/4 tsp. in 1/2 cup melted butter and serve over vegetables, noodles or fish.
• Sprinkle on stuffed eggs, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, squash and soups.
• Add 1/2 tsp. to a 2 egg omelet.
• Use in chicken salad and other chicken dishes.
Serves: Makes 4 servings.
Prep time: 10 mins