Onion may be grown in almost any temperate climate. Onion is an important flavoring in almost every country in the world. When combined with other ingredients, onion's flavor is rarely overwhelming or assertive. McCormick®'s dehydrated onion varieties, including Onion Powder, reconstitute in liquid, providing consistently fresh flavor while maintaining a longer shelf life.
1 tbsp. Onion Powder = 1/2 cup chopped fresh onion
BLT Dip: MIX 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled, 1 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 1 tsp. each Onion Powder and seasoned salt, and 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped. REFRIGERATE until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or toasted bread slices.
• Add to vegetables, soups, tomato sauce, chowders, stews and casseroles.
• Use in salads such as potato, pasta, chicken, tuna or ham.
• Add 1 tsp. to each pound of ground beef for hamburgers.
• Sprinkle on beef, pork or lamb roasts, chicken, fish and veal.
• Use in dips, salad dressings, cheese sauce and egg dishes.
Prep time: 10 mins