Use 2 tbsp. to flavor 6 pt. sweet pickles.
Use 3 tbsp. to each quart water when steaming 1 or 2 lbs. shrimp.
Tie in a cheesecloth bag for easy removal and use in the following ways:
• Add to water when stewing dried fruits.
• Add to liquid for pot roast of venison or beef and beef brisket.
• Use in marinades for mushrooms, artichokes, meat, poultry and fish.
Saucy Moroccan Chicken
Serves: Makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 15 mins
View full recipe >
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dates, quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Turmeric, Ground
- 3 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained