Use 2 tbsp. to flavor 6 pt. sweet pickles.
Use 3 tbsp. to each quart water when steaming 1 or 2 lbs. shrimp.
Tie in a cheesecloth bag for easy removal and use in the following ways:
• Add to water when stewing dried fruits.
• Add to liquid for pot roast of venison or beef and beef brisket.
• Use in marinades for mushrooms, artichokes, meat, poultry and fish.
White Bean Soup with Sweet Italian Sausage
Serves: Makes 7 (1-cup) servings.
Prep time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained, divided
- 1/2 pound mild (sweet) Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sage, Rubbed
- 1/4 pound greens, such as kale, collards or turnip greens, stems and center ribs discarded, chopped