Use 2 tbsp. to flavor 6 pt. sweet pickles.
Use 3 tbsp. to each quart water when steaming 1 or 2 lbs. shrimp.
Tie in a cheesecloth bag for easy removal and use in the following ways:
• Add to water when stewing dried fruits.
• Add to liquid for pot roast of venison or beef and beef brisket.
• Use in marinades for mushrooms, artichokes, meat, poultry and fish.
Asian Style Pickled Vegetables
Prep time: 20 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 large seedless or English cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes or daikon (Asian white radish)
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut carrots
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt