1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger = 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
• Add 1/4 tsp. to 2 cups sliced carrots or sweet potatoes.
• Use in cakes, cookies, gingerbread, fruit or steamed puddings.
• Add to Asian dishes.
• Use in chutney, salad dressings or teriyaki sauce.
Ginger Peach Glaze
1. MIX 1/2 cup peach or apricot preserves, 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and 3/4 tsp. Ground Ginger.
2. BRUSH on ham or pork roasts during last 10 minutes of cooking. Or, serve with pork chops.
Two Potato Salad with Toasted Pecans
Serves: Makes 8 servings.
Prep time: 25 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt