1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder = 1 clove fresh garlic
• Add to vegetables, roast chicken, beef stew or pot roast.
• Use in marinades, gravies, barbecue sauce and spaghetti sauce.
• Add to vegetable soup, minestrone and lentil soup.
Garlic Bread: MIX 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter, 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese and 1 tsp. Garlic Powder. Spread on sliced Italian bread. BROIL 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
Garlic-Lime Chicken: MIX 1/3 cup oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tsp. each Garlic Powder and Cilantro Leaves, and 1/4 tsp. each Ground Cumin, Ground Red Pepper and seasoned salt. Add 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts; coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes. GRILL 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Monte Cristo French Toast
Prep time: 10 mins
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Italian bread sliced 1-inch thick (about 12 slices)
- 10 thin slices deli ham
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar