1/4 teaspoon Food Color = 20 to 25 drops
Colorful Cakes: Prepare and bake 1 package white cake mix as directed on package, adding 1/2 teaspoon Food Color to batter.
Red Apple Cookies: Use red tinted Colorful Cookie Icing to glaze apple-shaped cookies.
Ladybug Cupcakes: PREPARE your favorite cupcake recipe. TINT frosting by stirring 1/4 teaspoon Food Color into 1 can (16 ounces) prepared white frosting. DECORATE to resemble a ladybug by using 1 black jelly bean for the head.Place a 1 1/2-inch piece of black string licorice down center. Place snipped pieces of string licorice over the top.
For Coloring Eggs: MIX 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon Food Color in a cup. DIP hard-cooked eggs into dye 5 minutes or longer to achieve desired color. Remove to wire rack to dry.
Ultimate Flavor & Color Mixing Guide
Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes
Prep time: 25 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 bottle McCormick® Red Food Color
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 box confectioners’ sugar