Sugar and spice and everything nice . . . as the saying goes. This terrific sweet blend is so easy to make and is surprisingly versatile.
Mix all ingredients until well blended.
Store in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place.
Cocoa Spice Blend: Prepare as directed above. Add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder.
• Shake on buttered toast, oatmeal, pancakes or unsweetened applesauce.
• Stir into warm apple cider.
• Add 1 to 2 teaspoons to 2 cups pancake batter.
• Sprinkle lightly on apple slices, grapefruit halves or sliced strawberries.
• Use instead of sugar in coffee.
• Stir into plain lowfat yogurt or Greek yogurt, or cottage cheese.
• Sprinkle on freshly popped popcorn.
• Stir into peanut butter.
• Stir into prepared white or brown rice.