Sparkling Lemon Flavored Sugar is the perfect finishing touch for all sorts of desserts and beverages. Package an assortment of flavored sugars in small jars to give as holiday gifts.
Place sugar in large resealable plastic bag. Add lemon extract and food color. Seal bag. Knead sugar until the lemon extract is evenly distributed and sugar is tinted yellow. Spread sugar on large rimmed baking sheet.
Let stand 25 to 30 minutes or until sugar is dried. Store in airtight container. If sugar clumps up, break apart by rubbing between fingers.
• Use as a garnish on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, muffins, pies and confections.
• Roll refrigerated slice-and-bake sugar cookie dough or sprinkle muffin tops with flavored sugar before baking.
• Stir Lemon Flavored Sugar into hot tea or iced tea.
• Sprinkle on berries or fruit salad to sweeten.
• Add a fun garnish to summertime beverages; wet rim of beverage glass with water before dipping in flavored sugar.