I'm cooking now!
• Eggs separate more easily when they are warm. Place egg whites in bowl and bring to room temperature. To speed up this process, place bowl of egg whites into a slightly larger bowl containing lukewarm water.
• Make sure beater and mixing bowl are spotlessly clean. Any grease in the mixture will deflate meringue.
• Do not make meringues during humid weather. Moisture will prevent egg whites from forming stiff peaks.
• For best results, bake meringues on baking sheets lined with nonstick foil. Or bake on foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
• To make different shapes of meringue, spoon meringue mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and gently squeeze to pipe meringue onto baking sheets. Pipe into various shapes, such as hearts, "kisses," letters, numbers, etc.