Email Address is required.
Email Address is invalid.
Password is required.
Password must be at least 6 characters.
Your email and/or password aren't in our records. Please try again.
Oops! Something went wrong with signing in.
First Name is required.
First Name contains invalid symbols.
Your email is already in our system.
Hmm…that password was not recognized.
Oops! Something went wrong with registration.
Sorry! We can't find that email address.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Colorfully glazed sugar cookies with a hit of spice are perfect for all occasions -- from Easter to Valentine's Day, and showers, birthdays and bake sales.
(amount per serving)
• Mix 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar to use for dusting surface.
• Use glaze soon after preparing. Do not refrigerate glaze, as it will begin to harden.
• If you would like more than one color of glaze, divide untinted glaze among separate small bowls. Tint each one a different color by stirring in 1 to 2 drops food color until evenly distributed and glaze is smooth. Add additional drops food color until glaze is of desired color.
• To use contrasting glaze colors to decorate glazed cookies, spoon small amount of contrasting glaze into small resealable plastic bag. Snip off tiny piece of the corner of the plastic bag. Create design by squeezing contrasting glaze onto cookies.
• If cookie is decorated with contrasting glaze before glazed cookie is allowed to dry, glaze colors will blend slightly, creating a softer, more muted design.
• Allow glaze to dry before storing cookies in airtight containers.
Flavor Variations: Omit the cinnamon and the nutmeg. Use 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract or Pure Orange Extract or Pure Lemon Extract in place of the vanilla in the cookie dough.
Recipe by McCormick
This recipe features Pure Vanilla Extract. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Product by McCormick