7 matching flavors
- Herby Fresh
These confections are light, airy, delicious and low-fat! Color them to suit your special occasion--purple, pink, green, and blue for Easter, pink for Valentine's Day, pink and blue for a baby shower--the possibilities are endless!
Makes 6 dozen or 12 (6 cookie) servings.
(amount per servings)
Total Calories: 68
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy. (If using a freestanding mixer, use wire whisk attachment.) Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Increase speed to medium-high. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Beat in extract and food color until well blended. Gently stir in chips, if desired.
- Drop by rounded measuring teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until completely cooled.
Complete your meal
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Eggs separate more easily when they are warm. Place egg whites in bowl and bring to room temperature. To speed up this process, place bowl of egg whites into a slightly larger bowl containing lukewarm water.
- Make sure beater and mixing bowl are spotlessly clean. Any grease in the mixture will deflate meringue.
- Do not make meringues during humid weather. Moisture will prevent egg whites from forming stiff peaks.
- For best results, bake meringues on baking sheets lined with nonstick foil. Or bake on foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- To make different shapes of meringue, spoon meringue mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and gently squeeze to pipe meringue onto baking sheets. Pipe into various shapes, such as hearts, "kisses," letters, numbers, etc.
- Try also with 1/2 teaspoon each McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract and McCormick® Pure Mint Extract.
- Add 1 cup mini chocolate chips, if desired.
This recipe features Pure Vanilla Extract. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Rating and Reviews