7 matching flavors
- Herby Fresh
Remember the flavor of good old-fashioned root beer? Now you can have it again with root beer you make yourself with McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate.
Makes about 5 gallons.
(amount per servings)
- Clean and sanitize all bottling equipment according to information below. Shake Root Beer Concentrate well. Mix with sugar in a large container. (DO NOT USE ALUMINUM). Stir in spring water.
- Dissolve yeast in 1 cup pre-boiled water. Allow yeast to dissolve undisturbed 10 to 15 minutes. Add to sugar mixture and stir well.
- Bottle immediately into plastic bottles, leaving 2-inch space at top of bottle. Cap tightly. Store each bottle on its side in a warm place (70° to 80°F) for 1 to 2 days, then store upright in refrigerator at 40° to 45°F for additional 3 to 4 days. Keep refrigerated and consume within 7 to 8 days.
Complete your meal
CLEANING INFORMATION: Before using, sanitize bottles and equipment in mild bleach solution, 2 ounces per 5 gallons cold water. Rinse several times with tap water inside and out.
- Contents of bottles are under pressure and can overflow or explode.
- Keep refrigerated (40° to 50°F) until ready to serve and not longer than 7 to 8 days after the brewing process is completed.
- Plastic bottles are highly recommended for bottling homemade root beer. They are easily checked during fermentation to determine the firmness of the bottle. We recommend that you NOT use glass bottles.
- Check plastic bottles periodically for pressure during fermentation. Those which show firmness indicate complete carbonation.
This recipe features Root Beer Concentrate. Here are a few more delicious ways to use it.
Rating and Reviews