• Use with beef, chicken, lamb, shrimp and vegetables in making curries.
• Also use in fruit compotes, stuffed eggs and chicken and shrimp salad.
Beef Vinaloo: Coat 2 pounds 1-inch cubed, beef stew meat in 2 tablespoons Curry and 1/4 cup white vinegar, marinate 1 hour. Brown meat in well-oiled pan with 1 cup sliced onion. Add 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, ungrained. Simmer; covered, 1 hour; uncovered 30 minutes. Salt to taste.
Curried Mushroom and Spinach Quesadillas
Prep time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Curry Powder, Hot Madras
- 8 ounces assorted wild mushrooms such as shiitake, oyster and cremini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 flour tortillas 8 inch
- 4 slices light Havarti cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup reduced fat plain Greek-style yogurt