• Use with beef, chicken, lamb, shrimp and vegetables in making curries.
• Also use in fruit compotes, stuffed eggs and chicken and shrimp salad.
Beef Vinaloo: Coat 2 pounds 1-inch cubed, beef stew meat in 2 tablespoons Curry and 1/4 cup white vinegar, marinate 1 hour. Brown meat in well-oiled pan with 1 cup sliced onion. Add 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, ungrained. Simmer; covered, 1 hour; uncovered 30 minutes. Salt to taste.
Wild Mushroom Ragu with Pasta
Prep time: 20 mins
View full recipe >
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms such as shiitake, oyster and cremini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 8 ounces whole grain pasta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons McCormick Gourmet™ Curry Powder, Hot Madras
- 2 ounces pancetta finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes undrained